You can help your heart going for years to come with these 12 tips.
1. Have a compulsory annual medical check up – this is the most fundamental rule of good health. When a man is over 45 years, and the woman is over 55 years of age, their risk of having a heart attack starts to rise significantly.
2. Get out of that sedentary lifestyle. Even everyday activities such as climbing stairs, carrying the groceries, gardening etc cuts your risk of heart attack by half.
3. Anger can be fatal for cardiac patients. Anger counseling has helped reduce recurring hostility and stress by over 70 percent.
4. Stressful jobs are responsible for heart attacks. 90 percent of all situations that cause us stress are trivial and inconsequential. Meditate every day for atleast 15 minutes in morning and evening.
5. Laughter therapy has been scientifically proven as good for health. Laughter reduces blood pressure, stress, cancer and heart problems.
6. Exercises survive heart attacks. Regular exercise strengthens the heart muscles and reduces heart activity by a million heart beats each month.
7. Genetics do play a part too – you can inherit a higher risk of heart attack from your parents, and/or their parents. Be more cautious if there exists history in your family.
8. Those with diabetes have a higher risk of developing several diseases and conditions, and many of them contribute to a higher risk of heart attack.
9. Eat in moderation. Stop eating while you are still hungry. As obesity rates are fast rising in our country, experts believe that heart attacks will become more common in the future.
10. 35 percent of all heart related deaths are directly related to cigarette smoking. Every 10 seconds someone somewhere is dying of cigarette smoking
11. A mixture of fruit and vegetable juices will give you the antioxidants you need to rid your body of free radicals and toxins. Tomatoes, lemon, spinach, carrots, broccoli, onions and garlic reduce cholesterol and fight free radicals’ damage. Fish contains omega fatty acids, which are good for the heart.
12. Watch out for your blood cholesterol levels. If they are high, be aware that you would be running the risk of developing blood clots in your arteries. Blood clots can block the supply of\ blood to the heart muscle, causing a heart attack.
Consult a cardiologist today in Cygnus Heart Care Center to know your heart better.