Given how scorching the summers have been this year, everyone is eagerly waiting for the monsoons to arrive. And most cities have been lucky enough to receive a few drops of rain already. However, while it brings immense relief to all of us, it is imperative that we follow a few basic precautions to take care of our health. Keeping a watch on things like your food habits and ensuring not to get drenched every time it pours (no matter how inviting the idea seems!) can go a long way in ensuring that you do not fall ill. Here are a few basic tips to deal with the monsoon season:
– Drink lots of water because during this season, sweat does not evaporate quickly, preventing the body from releasing heat. Also, drink warm beverages like ginger tea.
– Eat lots of fruits and wash your fruits/vegetables well.
– Try and avoid street food as much as possible during this season, as they are likely to contain bacteria. After all, homemade food is the best!
– Use mosquito nets, creams and repellents to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
– Avoid walking into dirty puddles of water.
– The showers outside may hamper your exercise routine. Make up for it by exercising at home.